Friday, January 02, 2009

Visit to DC for Nate's graduation!

Chandra and Nate at a very fancy graduation dinner.
Graduation YAY!

Moving up ranks in the Navy. Congrats!
We all come out for the Greaduation. Thanks Nate and Chandra for letting us come while you were so busy with graduation, work and packing up to move.
At Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington.
"Martha Washington" and Ethan having a little chat.
Chandra dressing Ethan like a child would have been dressed in Washington's time.


So Chandra, Nate and Tara did a special National Treasure II tour. Ethan and I (being pregnant) were advised not to participate in the tour so Mom stayed with us while they all went. Having not seen the movie or been on the tour you will have to ask Nate, Chandra or Tara about the following pictures.









Beautiful boy. So happy.
Ethan loves his aunts!
He was amazed at the statues. He thought they were dancing and so he danced too.
He wasn't sure what we were doing but he was very excited.
The ticket served as a great toy.
Ethan was all about the caterpillar. However he thought it was a snake and kept hissing at it. This picture is for you Grandma Pack!
Outside the Monticello graveyard. The family crest.

This explains who is buried where. I can't read it or remember what it said so it is kind of a useless picture.



A very big tree used to live here. But it made a really cool stump with a hole for animals to store food.
Ethan love to shake the chain really fast then listen to the clanking sound. He was amazed.
WOW
So curious.
A beautiful view of the garden. I would love to have a yard like this with the beautiful lookout "porch".
Slave "shops" under the house.
That is one large, old tree.
The back of Jefferson's house.
The front of Jefferson's home.
Walking around the beautiful gardens. Wow what a view!
Say cheese! Wow I look HUGE.

View of the "family personal" garden.
View from the top of Monticello looking out over their garden.

2 comments:

News from Doug and Delores said...

We would have loved to be there with you... And Thanks a lot for the catapiller picture... I about got sick! How mean to put one of those awful things on my sweet grandson!!! We loved the pics... keep them coming. Mom & Dad Pack

Tara said...

I love the pictures, I can't believe I left my camera at home and don't have any to remember this great trip. Most of the pictures of the TOUR were of the "secret" entrance/exit that he used to kindnapp the President at this birthday party, and the one of the wall and trees is were Nic Cage entered the party. I thought the hillside with the house on the top was such a beautiful view and not everyone can see this perspective. Thanks again for the great trip and memories...p.s. I think that you look beautiful NOT huge!