Monday, September 06, 2010


Scroll to the bottom if you want it in chronological order. a brief overview of the last five days in the life of Jason Taylor Pack. born 7 lbs, 6 oz, 19.5 inches long. born at 7:27 PM on 9/02/10 -he is our beverly hilss baby




Finally, Jason and mom found thier favorite places.

All the Pack Men, happy to be home.


Every time you kiss him, I will kiss him too. Yep, a little game we call "kissy shark"



Me too!! We all want to hold Jason




Home sweet Home!. More than one person is excited for the homecoming of little brother.





Dressed for the road!!






Last day in the hospital, and I think I see a little grin on jason's face. Only a fraction of the smiles on his parents faces.







He liked playing with Grandma








Jason stayed off of CPAP, and continued to make improvements









Ethan and austin had a great time at the park, and were so happy to have mom and dad home. We got to go home, and to cellebrate, we went to a park, and ate macaroni and cheese and chicken from noodles and Co.

Jason was happy to see them too!




Ethan and austin were much more happy to see their brother doing better.


Laura even got to breast feed him (see his milk; strapped onto the edge of the chair)


Very soon Jason was doing well enough to come off of the CPAP, and we were happy!!!


His brothers have been so excited to come and see him, but it broke Ethans little heart to see his baby brother like this.



The medical team didn't want to put him on any positive pressure, due to his initial air leak, and they held out as long as they could, but with the RDS, he kept strugling to breath, and eventually had to be put on CPAP




As his pmeumothoracies resolved, it became more obvious that he was a bit premature, and his lungs showed to have RDS



Pretty soon, he had to go to the NICU, and put on 100% O2. He was doing well, but still strugling. We soon found out that he had bilateral spontaneous pneumothoracies.





Jason was retracting with every breath, and breathing from 80-150 times per minute, but we were happy to see him.












12 comments:

Amanda said...

He is very, very cute, and we're so glad he's healthy and at home with you guys!

Music Mama said...

He is DARLING! And he kind of looks like Austin to me. What a sweet boy! I'm so happy he's home where he belongs, and that he recovered so quickly. Congratulations! xoxoxo

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy to see Jason doing better. So cute. We miss you guys.

News from Doug and Delores said...

Beautiful Baby Boy! We are so excited to see some pictures of him. There is one picture that we think he looks like Austin... The others...? Who knows!? He seems to be happy to be home with the boys! They look pretty happy too! I hope all goes well on your "first night home" with him. Keep us posted on everything! Tell Ethan to have fun at pre-school tomorrow! Love you all sooooooooooo much! G&G Pack

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

So sweet. We are glad that all is going well and that you are back home. I wish we were there so we could come visit. Miss you guys and good luck with all those boys.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

We are so happy that sweet baby Jason is doing better and home with his precious family! Lots of thoughts and prayers and love from the Mississippi Packs were sent your way. What an absolutely darling family the Jeff and Laura Packs have. We love and miss you all and look forward to another visit soon!

Love
~Amanda

Tara said...

Hey,love the pictures! I am so glad to see the Non-Mr.Freeze pictures! He is absolutely darling. Thanks for having him early so we could meet each other ;) Love ya.

Helen said...

What a doll. You guys making your own Basketball team??? I'm SO glad he's okay and home safe and sound. Sorry, I don't get time to comment too often anymore, but I usually look at the pics anyway.

xoxoxoxoxox

qtsmomx2 said...

We loved catching up on all the pack boys, as always. Little Jason is such a cutie. LOL on the 90210 beverly hills comment. . .does that mean he gets to come live with us- we are the closest to his Zip code. We are so glad he had the shortest "month" in the NICU ever, and is "making good choices" again,
Love always,
Chandra

lukeandjillfamily said...

Congrats!! Jason is adorable, and isn't having threes boys in a row the best. You have a cute family and we miss you guys. I'm glad that he is home safe and sound, and you look great. Hope you continue to enjoy that sweet baby.
love,
Jill

Jenni said...

Jason is so cute! Thank you so much for posting these adorable pictures and sending an update, we've had little Jason (and Laura and Jeff) in our thoughts and prayers this past week. I'm so glad Jason is doing well and was able to come home so soon, what a blessing! We love and miss you guys!

Love,

Jenni Mietus

Sarah said...

what beautiful baby boy! And what an adventure! I am so glad you guys are all home safe and sound. Have fune with your 3 little boys! :0