
The Liberty Bell. Chandra, Nate, Jeff and I decided that we should be vacationing to all the Eastern tourist sites while we lived so close. So Jeff, Ethan and I made the 8 hour drive to Philadelphia and met Chandra and Nate there. We spent a few days touring the city and seeing a lot of great things. Oh and of course we ate a famous Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. It was great!

It was kind of dark to see the crack in the picture sorry!

Ethan always want to touch the buttons on the front of the TV so I put his walker in front of it to block the buttons. It obviously didn't work for long, he just climbed in the walker backwards and started pushing them. Turkey!

Look what I can do!

This is a table in the building where the fisrt continental congress met. I think it was where Benjamin Franklin sat.

I'm not quite sure why, but all the pictures in the congress hall were blurred.


Stair case from the old building.
Beautiful interior design.


The blog is acting up and randomly uploading funny pictures.

In the basement of Edgar Allen Poe's house in Philly.

Still in the basements. Creepy!

Too tired to see anymore sights. I'll just take a little nap here.

In case you can't read the sign, this is outside Betsy Ross' house.

In front of a colonial flag outside Betsy Ross' house.

Some cute old cellar stairs in Betsy's basement.

I was too tired and nauseated to run up the Rocky steps, but Jeff, nate and Chandra did.

On their way back down the steps.

View from the Rocky steps.

I did it!

A very beautiful Philadelphia skyline.

This is us at Valley Forge. This is the house that General Washington stayed at with his officers. Much of it is still the original house. It is kind of cool to walk on the same floor as George Washington. This is a picture of the kitchen.

Smile General Ethan!

At first he wasn't quite sure what to do . He wanted to touch the hat rather then pose for a picture.

Officer Ethan

Cheese!

Another picture of the kitchen.

The outside of the house General Washington stayed at. It was already a well established home long before Washington and his men took it over.

Inside one of the cabins that 10 men shared during the winter at Valley Forge. It would have been a very tight fit.

I guess good pictures go on twice.

A bunch of the little cabins in the background. They were everywhere.

Chandra, Nate, Jeff, Laura and Ethan on the "Cow Ride" at the Hershey chocolate factory in Hershey Pennsylvania. We got to see how the chocolate was made and watch the singing cows tell us about different chocolate.

Different brands of candy made at the factory.

A very blurry picture of the singing cows. Ethan loved them so much. It made me very excited to take him to Disneyland.

A better picture of the cows in the background. Ethan couldn't take his eyes off of them.

My sweet in a pile of sweets.

Us in our hats from the tour. Ethan is looking for the cows.

Chocolate kisses being made right in front of us. They look sooo good.

Ethan's first encounter with chocolate strawberries. He sucked off all the chocolate and spit out the strawberry.

Oops! Dad forgot my bib.

We put a chair in front of the doorway to block Ethan's escape into the kitchen/pile of laundry being folded. He tried to climb over and ended up stuck. He was very upset until he saw the camera then he was all smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment