Thursday, April 09, 2009

OUCH!! Poor Ethan!

On the way to the hospital. He never moved at all. I asked him if he wanted a treat and after a minute he finally mouthed yes. Jeff felt so bad driving to the hospital all he could think about was when he broke his collarbone and his mom drove him to the dr. He swears she was looking for potholes in the road to hurt him as much as possible. He drove so slow to try to protect his baby. Such a good daddy!
He kept trying to play with toys. He is right handed and his right collarbone is broken so he would move his arm to play and immediately put it back down and say ow. So sad.
So daddy played for him.
His new "broy" (bra for little boys).
He hates it and never wants it on. His poor shoulder hurts all day and night but he is pretty tough and doesn't complain very often. He is so brave! I love my sweet little boy.

4 comments:

News from Doug and Delores said...

These pictures almost made me cry! They almost made grandpa faint!!! He looks so sad!!! We love you Ethan! Get doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

So sad!!! We are so sorry that this happened, but I guess glad that it didn't happen when any cousins were around. You are such a brave and composed Mommy, I would be to busy crying/flipping out to remember to bring the camera. Way to document for posterity! We love you and hope Ethan gets well soon.
Tara

Manda Panda said...

Ohhhhhh, poor little Ethan! he looks so pitiful. give him hugs and kisses from the Mississippi Packs.

Love You ~ Amanda


p.s. I read what he said about "freeing the bees" on Doug and Delores's blog. I about peed myself...so funny!

Kathy said...

Poor little guy! I hurt my collar bone as a kid and had to wear a brace like his and it wasn't any fun! I hope Ethan feels better soon!! He looks like a brave little guy in the photos!